Needing excello mill parts

Leggman

Registered
Registered
As some of you may know a few months ago I purchased a used excello 602 mill that was lacking a few parts. The previous owner has shown little to no intrest in digging out ther missing parts he says he has but they are buried somewhere in a 18 wheeler trailer under tons of "yard sale stuff".
Basically I need the leadscrew for thew 42" table, One endcap, both bearings, and the other bits to make it a working table. All I got for the table was the table itself and one endplate.
As these parts are nearly impossible to find does anyone out there know of someone who might have a old parts machine and be willing to help with some of the parts.
Maybe I could just get some acme threreaded rod and make my own if I knew what thread it is?
I know I am asking a LOT but if you don't ask you don't find.

I've got the 48" table on my 602. I can measure the screw diameter tomorrow. I know it is a 5 TPI pitch.

Making the screw and getting bearings is the easy part....the endcap would be the problem.

Chris

I've got the 48" table on my 602. I can measure the screw diameter tomorrow. I know it is a 5 TPI pitch.

Making the screw and getting bearings is the easy part....the endcap would be the problem.

Chris
How about posting some pictures of the end caps on your 602 mill to give Leggman some ideas on making new ones?

Leggman.....the lead screw is 1"-5 Acme (right hand). I'm curios as to which version (serial number and the casting of the name on the front of the head...XLO or EX-CELL-O). Do you need a manual for yours?

4gsr....no need to post a photo....he has an end cap to measure on the other end of the table.

Chris, Thanks for the info on the acme screw. I have a early version 602 with XLO on the head. Looking into getting a screw now.

Found a six foot acme screw on ebay for fifty bucks. Thanks again to all.

I measured the one endcap I have and the bore for the bearing measires 2.125" Does anyone know the bearing number that goes in there?
Thanks again... Dave

I am obviously missing something as I can find no bearings to fit?

Dave......I looked in the 3 manuals that I have for different 602s and all of them list the bearing as a New Departure 477504 which is equivalent to a 6204 (and I believe with a snap ring and 2 shields). That makes it a 20 x 47 x 14 mm. 47mm=1.8504"

Do you have a manual for your mill?

Chris

I measured the bore in the endcap and it does come out to 47mm. Its a good thing I have a lathe so I can make it all work. Thanks again. Dave

Back