Need Purchasing Advice

Cr2348455

Registered
Registered
Hi everyone,
I finally purchased 50’ #1 AWG flexaprene welding leads.
My Dialarc HF goes up to 310 amps.
I have 1/2” studs and would like some Tweeco
quick connects. The Dialarc is on a dolly and has the usual metal bar about 6” below the terminals ,
What products would you advise to be used in this situation ?
Should I use Tweeco 180 straight or a lug with a long 12” lead to a quick connect( not Tweeco). ?
I will be using a copper Tweeco GC 300 work clamp and Lenco af- 25 stinger.
The #1 cable looks small compared with the work clamps hole for connection, will probably need a copper shim.
My old cables look so much bigger than the new leads.
Thanks in advance1A9383F4-5F8E-4CBB-9574-D2FBB7744DBB.jpeg

Last edited:
#1 seems small but I am not an expert

I have puny leads on my Miller Thunderbolt, and it goes up to 220 amps. They are smaller than #1 (could be #4) and they use the copper shims. I have run it at that full setting too. The weak point is the ground clamp. Once it starts smoking, it is on its way out. I just burned up one today.

Hi everyone,
I finally purchased 50’ #1 AWG flexaprene welding leads.
My Dialarc HF goes up to 310 amps.
I have 1/2” studs and would like some Tweeco
quick connects. The Dialarc is on a dolly and has the usual metal bar about 6” below the terminals ,
so I need either Tweeco 180 straight or a lug with a long 12” lead to a quick connect( not Tweeco).
I will use a copper Tweeco GC 300 work clamp and Lenco af- 25 stinger.
The #1 cable looks small compared with the work clamps hole for connection, will probably need a copper shim.
My old cables look so much bigger than the new leads.
Thanks in advance

The head line reads "Need Purchasing Advice" however there aren't any questions in the OP.

Oh well . . .

Will angling these toward the center work for you? I can't really understand possible clearance issues from the OP photo.

Thanks,
Those angled would go towards that bar , I think
straight connectors will work.
That black bar running horizontally is in the way of the terminals, so they must drop down a bit.

Both the Tweeco set on Amazon and the set from Lenco (20 bucks cheaper) have angled female end which bolts to the stud of your welder. Shouldn’t be that hard to mount it so it clears that angle iron.

They can be mounted upwards or down or sideways since they are mounted to a stud. Personally I’d go with the Lenco shown above….the ones extropic has listed.

Both the Tweeco set on Amazon and the set from Lenco (20 bucks cheaper) have angled female end which bolts to the stud of your welder. Shouldn’t be that hard to mount it so it clears that angle iron.

They can be mounted upwards or down or sideways since they are mounted to a stud. Personally I’d go with the Lenco shown above….the ones extropic has listed.
Thanks,
Still , even if they fit, the quick connect might be in a better position with a straight connector.
It also has 1/0 welding lead as a minimum size.
I am using #1 awg welding lead.

I have puny leads on my Miller Thunderbolt, and it goes up to 220 amps. They are smaller than #1 (could be #4) and they use the copper shims. I have run it at that full setting too. The weak point is the ground clamp. Once it starts smoking, it is on its way out. I just burned up one today.

I have the same machine, a 220V, 210A max Miller Thunderbolt 210. They do come with #4 cables. The #4 cables are just big enough to do the job.

My other “stick welder” (a Miller Dynasty 210DX) has much thicker cables (2/0). I cannot tell the difference when welding with either #4 or 0/2 cables.

Back