Need help on decision. Was sent wrong mill and not sure what to do.

The mill I have doesn't even get warm. I jammed up a bit in a deep hole and screwed up a bearing, my fault and had to replace one.
Interesting, wonder why some get hot some don't. Well, if it's the bearings and that is the issue, is it difficult to replace them? I'd be up for it, just not sure what bearings or how involved this is.

I'm hoping it is just the bearings on the spindle. I hope to get to it here this fall after I get a few other things done, I have to finish the walls in the shop, re tram in the column and I want to get the new electronics enclosure done first. Once those are out of the way I will tackle the spindle bearings. It is still pretty dam hot here in phoenix and the AC unit in the front shop cant keep up with the heat until I finish insulating, so my mill isn't seeing a lot of use right now anyway.

Interesting, wonder why some get hot some don't. Well, if it's the bearings and that is the issue, is it difficult to replace them? I'd be up for it, just not sure what bearings or how involved this is.
It is very doable, PM sent me a set of instructions and pictures that were helpful.

Back