Need Help Installing Aliexpress Dro--

Thanks Eddy,
If I had posted this question on Practical Machinist-- they would have flamed me out.

PM is populated by Grumpy Old Man Machinists that do it for a living (that is not the place to go for hobby machining questions), as such they know the answers to many of the beginners questions and can not be bothered to actually help anyone. I personally am a GOMM yet try to help, this often involves a good deal of shutting up on my part, I work in a shop full of them as there are few younger people that have the least bit of interest in such a career. This has a positive effect on my income improving every year. Selfish of me I suspect.

Last edited:
hey after 35 plus years as a maint. machinist I take exception to the grumpy old machinist label I am one but will help whenever I can just ask g.o.m. bill

like many others I have installed many dros all the ones I have installed had some adjustment and the holes didn't have to be that close, I too hated drilling into virgin cast iron on my mill and lathe. funny (odd) story for my lathe enco 16x60 the bed way digital readout was only 48 inches long but the travel is 60" so what was done ? someone put a allen head bolt in the rear way to stop overtravel. making my lathe a 16x48 lathe that was stupid in my opinion. so I had to purchase a 60" scale and change the readout to fit the lathe. question I Have alt of stories to tell about general machining where do I post them? bill

Back