Need a "Soft" Hammer-Brass or Copper?

I cannot believe how much ******* and how many misspellings can be disseminated in a forum of???? intelligent people.

Paul

Man, I hate to break your bubble, but this is not the mensa forum. This the machining forum of a bunch of people that enjoy machining. If they have to carry the dictionary with them to post on here, then that just takes all the fun out of it. Actually, I've read somewhere, that you can leave letters out of a word and as long as you have the first and last letter of the word, you can figure the word out. These guys do way better than that. I agree, some of the spelling is horrible on here, but prolly not everyone on here even finished school. To them I say, Great work!! They get by as best they can and better than a lot of people I know. JMHO

Pat

Something flat- Brass, seating in MT device- copper. Safety glasses a must, friend lost his eye with splintered brass. Small lathe- plastic is plenty. Wish I had a big enough machine for a 5 pounder though

Last edited:
i always use a lead hammer for this, it's what I was trained with, so it makes the most sense. I have several on hand at all times and have a couple hundred pounds of ingots waiting to be craft into replacements when needed. I tried a dead blow once and didn't like the result. while in India,I was given a rawhide mallet and found it to be completely ridiculous. I'll stay with lead, thank you.

made a brass hammer when i bought my mill 20 years ago. 1 1/4 x4" drilled for a 5/8x9" handle then tig welded together. still working fine

Back