Name That Clamp/vise

Woodworkers use one to for mitered corners , welders have them too. This looks like a welding clamp.

I agree: corner clamp. That aluminum must be hollow tubing with thin end caps on it. You can tell it weighs nothing.

I believe the material is 80/20 extrusion or one of the similar types of 'T' slot extrusion. They have a hole (or two) running through their length that is tap size. All you have to do is run the appropriate tap into them to screw any number brackets or connectors onto them.

Stan,
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

looks like a tap Matic 30X it has a floating head . So that means all you need only close to hole center and the tool will center it self.
(There is a clutch in tool ) and you can set how much tension for size of tap chip load ect.....

All you need to do is set a quill stop Once tap reaches bottom / stop it will retract (upwards) . All you have to do is follow lead out same as you guide lead in (down.) the tool tap head.. will do the rest . Very handy tool

The extrusion looks like 8020. And then the Tapmatic. And IMHO his eye balling the tap into the hole is good enough. The Tapmatic has some side play forgiveness and so the tap will find its way into the hole. And the clamp is a welder’s corner clamp. If I was to use mine like in the video, I would first need to square up the draft angle on the end. Hope my pics help out, Dave.
pic2.JPG pic1.JPG pic3.JPG

Thanks Guys,
I agree it does look like a welding clamp.

Thanks,
-Joe

Clever workholding!

It is indeed a miter clamp held to the table with a toe clamp

What caught my eye is they use a short piece of 80/20 on the bottom horizontal jaw as a spacer to put the vertical jaw in register

Clever!

Back