Mystery Fixtures/Tool/???

So lets go to the next question . What can you make with them ? Looks like 2 of the middle pieces have cam followers on them .

Many of the castings have numbers: CAA-#### which would indicate that they are associated with one another. Either parts of an assembly, or tooling for a specific job. The fact that they are identified in this manner indicates a production run.

So lets go to the next question . What can you make with them ? Looks like 2 of the middle pieces have cam followers on them .
These are like so many of my "shiny things" that are saved off of old machines or yard sales. It all depends on if it's cheap and looks useful. I've had stuff like this sitting in my "engineering pile" sometimes for decades. Then as I'm contemplating some kind of upgrade all the sudden one of these will pop into my head and it's like the first piece of the puzzle. I would rather repurpose than make from scratch if I can. Definitely I would have picked up the bevel gear assembly. I already have one I got off of a scrapped prototype that was headed for the trash. I've not used the bevel gears yet, but I've used the shafts and bearings and housings. Gotten close to using them but not yet. You can never have too much good stuff.

Thanks for all the interesting ideas! I doubt any of this stuff was for the mill, so my guess is it just wound up in the boxes with the milling cutters.

The black parts with the CAA-XX numbers obviously all go together, and I've tried Google searches on the numbers, but haven't found anything.

I went back through the auction listing and the only thing I can think of is that there was a small pantograph that seemed to have similar style black crinkle paint and a bunch of accessories that had a similar look to them....all I can think of so far.

Thanks for all the interesting ideas! I doubt any of this stuff was for the mill, so my guess is it just wound up in the boxes with the milling cutters.

The black parts with the CAA-XX numbers obviously all go together, and I've tried Google searches on the numbers, but haven't found anything.

I went back through the auction listing and the only thing I can think of is that there was a small pantograph that seemed to have similar style black crinkle paint and a bunch of accessories that had a similar look to them....all I can think of so far.
Having worked in the elevator industry they could also been some sort of selector drive for floor calls.

For those of you surfing the net while waiting for turkey dinner and NFL games to start, here's an update for you.

One of the items in the box clearly doesn't seem to go with anything else...I did a partial cleanup looking for markings and found some. It's some sort of lead screw nut with bronze inserts that appear to be square or Acme thread roughly 1.25" diameter. The two halves are not connected so there's a slight gap in the middle. The base has "RMC 201" on it and each end has either RMC 207 or RMC 208 markings. Google searches on those weren't helpful.

IMG_3136.JPGIMG_3137.JPGIMG_3138.JPGIMG_3139.JPGIMG_3140.JPG

...a way to zero the backlash to account for wear.

Back