My wife ran across these

I think Elon Musk has done some great stuff, but that truck isn't one of them.

Ted
Agreed - but it does at least have one aspect I like. Like the DeLorean in "Back to the Future", it is made of stainless steel, and (after an embarrassing failure demo), can apparently resist a sledge-hammer attack. :)

I have a thing about hating rust, hence let us love stainless, like in Elon's truck. That said, I now discover my car (Mercedes-Benz E220) must have some kind of recycle plastic body, because a magnet won't stick to it. Rust free then, but not as cool as stainless!

@alloy ,
I passed a semi-car carrier yesterday with 4 cybertrucks on board, funny that you posted this today!
They are very interesting trucks.
I like the bulletproof qualities

Unfortunately, cybertruck owners are complaining about rust.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

LOL, but kinda explains why the “future” never showed up like the auto makers predicted when I was young.

Face it, we all want to drive something that looks like the cars looked like when we were in high school. :p
GM used to have design competitions that were promoted in Junior High and High Schools. The models that students were submitting in the late 1960s look a lot like what we drive today.

My favorite rides from my high school years, without getting into exotic cars, would probably be the Jag XKE roadster, Mustang Mach I Cobra Jet, Plymouth Super Bird and any muscle car with a 427; Ford or Chevy.

I'm not a fan of the looks of the SS Cyber truck but you can get them wrapped direct from Tesla or have a local sign company do something wild. This contraption is a design exercise to push the boundaries, mission accomplished.

I like what Rivian did over the Tesla Cybertruck…

IMG_5006.jpeg

But have to say… it is starting to grow on me now that they are finally out…

IMG_5007.jpeg

it's the Edsel of our time.
Er - not entirely. At least not for me, but it comes close!
Aside from the tonnage of chromed bumper, most aspects of the Edsel front grille design had all sorts of poor artistic aspects.
The harsh angles, the dumb looking blank front of the Cybertruck, is certainly something that suggests gormlessness, idiocy, lacking refinement.
In the engineering sense, even good chamfers need a little curve to break the edges!

That thing is plain ugly. I mean, God-awful ugly. I would take a Rivian over that calamity in a heartbeat.

My significant dislike of Musk may now result in a slight vomit in my mouth when I see one of these Cyber Trash Truck on the road.

We are closer to the factory here, starting to see them mutiply...

Bigger than expected.

Ugly yes...different strokes....

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Back