My "new" Clausing 8520

as far as price i say you did real good. look up the price for a mill drill. now double it because you got twice the machine of a mill drill. I have had one for 25 years.

You did just fine. The fact that you found one and its in decent shape, years from now a couple hundred either way won't matter. They just don't make good quality machines in that form factor/size anymore. Congrats and get to work

I love mine.
Paid $1400 for mine, but cost $660 in shipping to get it from Boston area.
I did get a lot of tooling with mine, but no base cabinet. I also had to replace the motor.
There are plenty of resources here for where to get some of the parts or at least compatible ones.
One issue I had was with vibrations at higher RPM. Ended up being the motor mount rubber bushings.
Terry Wermer put me on that, would have never considered it being something so simple.
He's a great resource for any questions you may have about your mill.

I just realized that with the 8520 and your Atlas, we have almost the same "shop setup" LOL..

You don't a Clausing 100 series.. do you??? :cool:

No Clausing 100 series. My other toys include a Logan 200 and a BC Ames, both lathes. The Ames is next in line for a complete overhaul. I've taken the Logan down to nuts and bolts, cleaned everything and replaced the spindle bearings. Sweet old machine. I like vintage American iron!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I've been following your Atlas Mill refurb, you really do a nice job on them.

Thanks, I appreciate your comment. I think the Atlas is going to be a nice little machine. I hope to do a little more work on it later today.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Back