My "new" Clausing 8520

Fairbanks

Active User
Registered
Greetings,

Here are a few pictures of my latest find. After a lot of looking this machine turned up 3 miles from home and the seller delivered! It seems to be in very good condition but probably hasn't been properly clean since it was new. Other than a set of beat up collets there wasn't any tooling included.

Serial number is 002050, Any idea how old it is?

Ok, so I have to ask- It was $1,900, Did I pay to much, or waaay to much? Bear in mind machinery of any type is very rare are here.

IMGP0734.JPG IMGP0735.JPG IMGP0736.JPG IMGP0737.JPG IMGP0739.JPG IMGP0740.JPG

Nice machine! Congratulations.

That would likely sell for ~$2500 here.

-brino

Nice mill pretty well made too. They will work longer then most new models will. We had real machinery makers in America at time , now we buy cheap and deserve it. The throw away nation . You got a pretty good deal I think specially with delivery. Have fun with her and buy her some nice new cutters and maybe a dro set up. Lots of goodies out there if you want them.

Congrats & nice looking machine, Fairbanks! I recently acquired Serial #002589, so we have virtual 'cousins'...mine came with a damaged front belt guard, and no rear belt guard. I have repaired the front guard with fiberglass, which will be the subject of another post. I need someone (you!) to give me some measurements on the rear guard so I can fab that up in fiberglass also. It seems that something might have gotten caught in the rotating belt and caused this previous damage.
Lou O.

I'd say you did just fine, even without the delivery.. they sell for more around me.

Congrats.

They're a pleasure to use.
I paid $1100 for mine here in the machine-rich northeast last year.

Serial number 000236, delivered March 1955.

you did good no steal but good. there are two on ebay for 2900.

You will come to love that little machine. You will be surprised at what it can do for its size.

Back