My Index 55 project

Got my column painted this last weekend. Have three major parts to clean and paint before I can start reassembling it. I have the motor, power feed and the pulley guard/motor base to clean, touch up and paint.

Mill_column_painted.jpg

Mill_column_painted.jpg

Oooh, pretty! :whistle: :biggrin: At the same time it makes me sad though as I know that neither my mill, lathe, or any other piece of "heavy" equipment I own will ever look that nice. :eek:

Looking forward to seeing it finished,

-Ron

Progress photo as of this weekend. I have the motor apart to put new bearings in it, figured I would replace them while the motor was off the machine.

I purchased a single phase motor to replace the 3-phase table feed motor since I will be powering the mill motor with a VFD.

Next weekend I hope to get the table feed motor and gearbox mounted.

MIll_2_2_14.jpg

MIll_2_2_14.jpg

It is getting closer! I have ordered the VFD and hope to have it installed this weekend. I am going to install the VFD remote into the original On/Off switch location in the pulley shroud.

Latest pics.

Overall_2_12_14.jpg

Closeup_2_12_14.jpg

Overall_2_12_14.jpg Closeup_2_12_14.jpg

GREAT JOB!

Very nicely done. You do very good work. I bet you can't wait to make it work? I hope you have a lot of planned projects for it? We will want to see it in action. :goodjob:

I doubt that it came out of the factory looking that good. Impressive!

-Ron

Back