My Free Bridgeport

I got the Bridgeport running today. Not super-quiet in direct drive, but pretty good. Very quiet in back gear. Forward and reverse on the motor yields the same results. The quill power down-feed works well in all three speeds, plus it reverses. I can say the head has passed its operational test and I can move on to the lower part of the machine.

I got the Bridgeport running today. Not super-quiet in direct drive, but pretty good. Very quiet in back gear. Forward and reverse on the motor yields the same results. The quill power down-feed works well in all three speeds, plus it reverses. I can say the head has passed its operational test and I can move on to the lower part of the machine.
Good deal. The noise in direct drive, may be do to the belt taking a set. It probably hasn't moved in a long time!

Great to hear it's moving. I would still advise you do a complete teardown of the head once you get the rest sorted.

Is this what you are looking for?
If so please confirm you want the bracket only. Lots of stuff in the crate. Including lead screws, bone handles, several functional J heads and one parts head, etc.

No hurry here.

Daryl
MN

Attachments

• 20230219_135156.jpg
    20230219_135156.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 20230219_135216.jpg
    20230219_135216.jpg
    229.7 KB · Views: 8
I have the casting and the bearing. If you look at the third and fourth photos in post #2 of this thread, you can see where the x-axis screw has broken off. It is at the bearing race, so I need at least an inch of the full-diameter shaft to machine down for a stub (about 5/8" diameter) to mate with the old screw. I'll bore a hole in the end of the old screw about .002" smaller than the stub and shrink fit the two together.

I will need the dial holder piece. I have the dial and the knurled nut that clamps it, and the handle. I might be able to salvage this part from my Ram (clone) when I install a power feed, but I know the keyway on that machine is metric.

Here is a photo of the dial holder piece:
s-l300.jpg

I had to move the machine out of the shop to make room for another project, so it will be a month or more before I can get it back inside. No hurry.

Thanks!

Jock
OR

Back