My 3 Axis DRO Install - G0731 (actually Enco)

Mike
You have the Lathe mode set to "on" in the Initial System page.

1 Hold the Enter button as you power on the scale.
2 Scroll down to Other Settings
3 Move over to Lathe Mode and change to NULL.
4 Exit and save your settings.

All done the Z axis is now separate from the other scales.

Ray
On initial start lathe mode says off.In advanced screen scrolled to other, then lathe mode ,highlight ( null ) press null option, exit and save settings.Z still adds values to each direction of the quill movement.By the war factory reset code is 6008.Got that from vendor.What am I missing
MIke

Hello everyone I own an Enco knee mill that is nearly identical to the model grizzly currently sell. I am going to document and ask questions about my installation of a Chinese three axis DRO system.

First things first I don’t know how many of you have purchased from Ali express but this was my first time and I had some caution. The transaction was incredibly smoothly I noted the length of the scales I wanted in a message to the seller, they were cut correctly and arrived in several weeks. I opted for one of the displays with a color screen and several functions. I figured if I was going to the trouble I might as well get all the functionality I can. The cost is frankly very low either way. I believe the scales are cross compatible should I ever want to upgrade or on the contrary find that the more complex display has issues but I don’t really anticipate either of those based on what others have told me.

Only issue is they sent the wrong (AU I believe?) power cable. Not really an issue, I have lots laying around.

In the next posts Ill describe how I installed a bump stop and the Y axis then will be back with some questions about the X.

View attachment 354268

I have the same DRO on my mill and the 2 axis version on my lathe. They've been fantastic.

Back