Moving a small to medium sized piece of equipment?

jareese

H-M Supporter - Sustaining Member
H-M Platinum Supporter
I had a chance to use a set of these Roll-a-lift dolly's. WOW. Made it almost effortless to move my almost 2700 pound lathe, while keeping the bottom just off the floor. I wish I would have had access to these before I tipped my lathe!

Roll-a-lift.jpg

Last edited:
I wonder how good these operate on a lawn. My wife wants to move out 10x12 garden shed to a different spot in the yard.
They have 1” or so wide hard wheels/casters. Also, I would think you’d want two sets of these for moving something that wide. Not sure how they’d do on a lawn.

I wonder how good these operate on a lawn. My wife wants to move out 10x12 garden shed to a different spot in the yard.
Not a chance unless you could get some 1” plywood under them. PVC pipe sounds like a good idea but you will still need to get it on top of the first one.

Depending on how nice your lawn is and how handy you are it might be better to deconstruct it and rebuild on the spot she wants.

John

9212EDEA-3C63-46DA-8D36-F574770B1799.jpeg

It wasn’t easy with two guys and two dollies. All I wanted to do was rotate and push it closer to the fence. I also had a couple of other jacks and furniture dollies. Kept wanting to slip out from underneath.

Would definitely be better for moving a lathe or commercial kitchen appliances.

John

View attachment 444659

It wasn’t easy with two guys and two dollies. All I wanted to do was rotate and push it closer to the fence. I also had a couple of other jacks and furniture dollies. Kept wanting to slip out from underneath.

Would definitely be better for moving a lathe or commercial kitchen appliances.

John
I am duly impressed!

Back