More Useful Stuff

And then to add to this, being my guys in the shop using paper towels once then in the barrel, drives me up the wall. I remember one
episode on American Restorations Rick set up a camara to catch who's using the blue shop towels like to blow their nose then
the trash can, exactly what my son does. No I didn't go thru the depression but I did come from days in the shop as a boy there
was the rag man who took the greased up rags and replaced them. Rag Man a nother lost art..........

Worked at a company that used rag "waste" to wipe up with. How many know what that is?

Worked at a company that used rag "waste" to wipe up with. How many know what that is?
I know what that crap is! used it too!
Down here in the oilfield we have what is called "rig rags". Nothing but cut old clothing that Goodwill Industries does with clothing that cannot be used again. Embarrassing to pull out part of some old ladies undies to use as a rag!

When I grew up, the factory used the red reusable cloths, they issued you ten, when they were used up you took back ten and they gave you ten more. The next shop used Bounty. specifically. Use all you want, they're the best. They were making the parts of and assembling compressors for natural gas. They became (while I was there) the world leader in volume of sales and gas compressed. I won't let my wife use anything but Bounty, but I use old T shirts in the shop. No logic at all.

I like all the use of paper towels but I keep telling the better half I am going to loose weight but never seems to happen so all my heavy sweat shirts for welding get cut up for rags and wipe lots what ever and good for a fire starter for our heating of the home 20 gotogojo
My old welding sweat shirts are more hole than shirt when I retire them. Right about spring they become short sleeves all on their own.
If the wife wanted she could by cheap paper towel for the house it would not bother me. But don't even think about skimping on the TP or I will use the guest towels.
+1 on the roto cutters I have used them for a long time. they cut leather like butter. 8-9oz in one pass. I even have a special sharpening tool for the blades as they are a bit pricey. The small ones can cut a pretty tight pattern too.
Mark

Mark,
explain and or show us your sharpening tool for the rotary cutters. My wife goes thru those things like you do guest towels.

Mark
x2 on that, I could def use a way to sharpen them. Also watch what you have behind the stuff when cutting, Wife does not like it when you cut up the kitchen table, found out the hard way.

I just watched a short video on rotary cutters, and the lady said you must use a special "backing matt" behind the cloth being cut. What do you guys use? Thanks, JR49

Back