Monarch 10EE

Quit stalling. Drive over there now, make it rain on the seller with your bundle of bills, and do your inspection and scrutiny in the privacy of your own shop behind closed doors. Someone with a trailer is going to yank that lathe out from under your feet so fast it'll make your Gomer Pyle hat spin 'round on your head, and it won't come to rest until next month, when your spouse slaps it the other way and tells you to quit sobbing.

Just sayin', out of community service.
Turned out the drive system wasn't Monarch factory as was being represented. I guess if everything else was in great shape it might be worth taking a chance but the OP decided to pass based on info from Monarch themselves (post #16).

John

Turned out the drive system wasn't Monarch factory as was being represented. I guess if everything else was in great shape it might be worth taking a chance but the OP decided to pass based on info from Monarch themselves (post #16).

John
Yeah, I missed the timeline on this thread. But I don't think he concluded that the electronics were the Beel based on his last comment in that post about how the Monarch rep did not think their JPL client was even using that system. Besides, the lathe may have turned rocket parts, but its electrical schematics couldn't possibly have amounted to $18k worth of turn-key rocket science!

What is a 12 CK?
Monarch 12" CK, made during the 1940's, 14" x 30" envelope, geared lathe with an AC motor, roughly a 3500 lb machine. Doesn't have the higher RPM range of the 10EE, but a fairly robust machine. The CW and CY are very similar to the CK, with larger swings.

I was originally thinking of purchasing 1 of these. Then In his picture I noticed a newer printed circuit board. When you zoom in you can see the Beel name. The seller swears he purchased both machines at an auction at JPL and that he didn't modify them. That's why I called Monarch. John at Monarch stated that they were Sub standard designs they never used and seriously doubts about JPL doing the work. I passed on them 100% due to Monarch remarks. John said they would be great machines if not messed with.
Mike

Back