Monarch 10ee Round Dial headstock/spindle gear cover?

I lost the sliding table off an ancient Tannewitz table saw on the road once.
Retraced my route that evening and found it face down in one of the lanes on L.A.'s Harbor Freeway.
Somehow, by divine intervention, I was able to stop, dodge traffic and retrieve it.
I sold the saw without ever testing it, and the buyer later told me the sliding table was warped...

I lost the sliding table off an ancient Tannewitz table saw on the road once.
Retraced my route that evening and found it face down in one of the lanes on L.A.'s Harbor Freeway.
Somehow, by divine intervention, I was able to stop, dodge traffic and retrieve it.
I sold the saw without ever testing it, and the buyer later told me the sliding table was warped...
Bummer it was warped. I wish I could have back tracked but it was way to late for that. I was really lucky I didn't lose the entire lathe.
Things got way to loose. I learned my lesson. When you think you "might" need an extra strap. Put TWO more on. As well. If it can come loose
it's going and fall off. So just take it off. lol

Unfortunately those things get lost fairly frequently, even just set aside in the shop type lost, given they are easy to take on and off. It makes getting a replacement challenging.

I have moved my share of equipment, use to have my CDL. I always stretch wrap tooling from head to tow before strapping down. Living here in the PNW, it serves two purposes; 1) it protects parts from vibrating loose or being blown off or distorted, and 2) you never know when it may rain or have water splashed up onto the load from the highway.
Also, a good rule of thumb, many states require equipment hauling trucks to have the load binders combined capacity to add up to at least 1/2 the weight of the load. If the strap or chain goes completely around the unit from one side of the trailer to the other it is only counts once. If it is tied off to the load, acting like two tie downs, so that if one fails the other side is still holding, then you can count double capacity. I keep heavy ratchet straps rated at 5000lbs in the truck at all times along with rope, I know it is over kill as I won't use any less than two, regardless of the load weight, but for very heavy loads will ensure I meet at least 2/3 the weight of the load.
Considering how much I pay for all my insurance coverages, I figure that buying extra heavy duty straps and a lot of them is just cheap insurance.

Of course this doesn't help you after the fact, just rambling again. I hope you find one. I know it would make me sick to loose that part from a Monarch 10EE or anything else for that matter. I can only dream of having a Monarch.

Back