Monarch 10ee Round Dial headstock/spindle gear cover?

expressline99

Registered
Registered
I'm looking for that casting that goes on the very end (Left side as you face the lathe) Mine went to live on the freeway somewhere in LA last week.
It has to be from a round dial as it's the shorter 12" model that I have. So it's 1/2" shorter than other models.

Also looking for a blank data plate. For whatever reason mine isn't on the machine. Probably from repainting someone did? Anyway, if there is anyone out there
that can make one or point me to someone that can I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Paul/expressline99

You might want to check over at Practical Machinist site. Lots of 10EE interest over there. Dave

That sucks, so sorry to hear that you lost the cover.
There is a guy on Youtube "Steve Watkins at Work", who buys and restores equipment out of Texas somewhere. You may want to reach out to him and see if he has or knows of one. I have been following him working on a 10EE where the spindle had been damaged and he found another one to replace it.
Couldn't hurt to ask.

There is a guy on Youtube "Steve Watkins at Work", who buys and restores equipment out of Texas somewhere. You may want to reach out to him and see if he has or knows of one. I have been following him working on a 10EE where the spindle had been damaged and he found another one to replace it.
Couldn't hurt to ask.

Oh yes I've seen him and something he was doing the "7000$ mistake" I think it was. I'll send him a message.
Thanks

You might want to check over at Practical Machinist site. Lots of 10EE interest over there. Dave
I'll have to start WTB over there. I started one on the motor/gear box but things have changed with that.
It's funny everyone points back and forth between the two sites.

I lost part of a gap on the freeway and went back to find it. Worth a try….

John

Couldn't hurt to ask.
I contacted him. No go there. He didn't have one. :(

I contacted him. No go there. He didn't have one. :(
Well, I hope you are able to locate one. Another thought would be to reach out to Keith Rucker (Vintage Machinery.org) and Adam Booth (Abom79). They both have a lot of contacts and may be able to help you locate one.

Back