Model Airplaners Regroup Here!

mike

i'm the one building the very first

beginner's Guillows kit.

what were you up to?

did you have the Heathkit transmitter?

bob

I'm still trying to figure out how RC stuff and rockets with classic autos and boats. :p No idea what happened to the other threads.

-Ron

mike

i'm the one building the very first

beginner's Guillows kit.

what were you up to?

did you have the Heathkit transmitter?

bob

Yes, RB - I posted some shots of the Stuka, Kaos, Ugly Sticks, and don't recall what else. Yep, had that Heathkit R/C system as my very first, back when Phil Kraft had just introduced his systems and they were EXPENSIVE!! That old Heathkit worked fine for years and was working when I finally sold most of my stuff off.

ron

'Onward and upward!' is the model airplaner's motto!:)

mike

yes. you are pretty much gas not electric.

you were going to do the 'prep work' for flying season.

well i'm just staring at my little pile of Midwest Basswoood 1/4" sticks!:)

i smelled 'em! that was interesting! makes you feel like a real craftsman!

Have A Nice Day!

I'm trying to track down the location of the missing posts. I suspect they got overlooked in the reorganization so it may take some time to get them back.

Tom

Hello all,

Yep, RB, I've been accused of having 'lots of gas' previously! :p

Thanks to you, I've contacted several local clubs and there are membership openings, so I'll be attending some monthly meetings to introduce myself and get acquainted with the folks. Also found a very local private field that would be about perfect but he likes to limit flying to electric and/or 4-stroke (noise with neighbors) so I may have to be looking hard at those alternatives. I kind of like the 4-stroke idea as the sound is much more realistic especially in and antique biplane configuration.

All in all, the timing couldn't be better as spring is right around the corner and I'll have to hustle to get a plane ready! Should be interesting.

So, who will be the first to provide a video of something flying this spring? I was tempted this past weekend with temps approaching 70º but it was pretty windy and my thumbs are still stiff from lack of use this winter. :rolleyes:

Tom

Back