Milwaukie 2602-20 Drill Repair

I still have my Milwaukee corded tools purchased in the 1980's. I had to replace a couple of switches, cords and brushes here and there, but no major breakdowns, they still work perfectly.
Recently I purchased a set of M-18 Fuel tools, They are very powerful and run smooth but the quality obviously isn't the same as the old tools. Of course they are now made in China...

You still need to buy the new drill.:idea: I mean what if that one craps out ?:laughing:

Well I might just do that. And the mic also.

I just dropped off a housing to a customer and he handed me $250 cash .

On the way home I stopped at home depot. Took a look at the M18 fuel brushless with the handle on it. Looks pretty sweet :grin:

Having more than one drill is sometimes very handy ... especially if the batteries interchange!

Well I might just do that. And the mic also.

I just dropped off a housing to a customer and he handed me $250 cash .

On the way home I stopped at home depot. Took a look at the M18 fuel brushless with the handle on it. Looks pretty sweet :grin:
When I bought my M18 fuel drill I thought that big handle was just a gimmick. After having my hand facing the wrong way a couple of times I learnt to use it religiously. I often use it for lifting cars with scissor jacks without any problem. The only time I had the overload trip was when I used a blunt 3" holesaw in a piece of 2x4 HARDwood lying on the ground to see if I could trip it. After drilling three holes continuously with my full weight (120 kilos) it spat the dummy at about 1/4 way into the fourth hole. Waited 30 seconds for it to reset and finished the hole. Best drill I have ever owned.
John.

That would look nice on a #30 holder too :grin::grin:

Well we have exactly like it at work. It's big and very heavy. It's all I can do to hold it in the spindle with one hand and use the other hand to push the tool release button.

I'm not sure I'd recommend it for a 30 taper. Besides I found it first :grin:

Actually there may be a holder on the shelf at your place. I remember a big shell mill holder in the tools I got with the mill. I need a 1-1/2" arbor size.

Last edited:
Wouldn't want you to strain yourself. Guess you'll have to use the auto tool changer.;)

I don't think this will fit in the pocket on the chain and clear the other tools. And I doubt the claw would go around the tool holder.

I'll just have to strain myself when I use it.

When you have a chance could you take a look at that shell mill holder and see what size the arbor on it is?

Back