Milling tutorial video for my freshman classmates

It really doesn't matter right or left. When I plugged in both speakers I can hear the audio. What the deal is the audio in laptop has failed so I either have to listen with a head set which would have worked, or speakers. I just had one plugged in.

Thanks for figuring it out.

Tim
same thing here. do you have a lenovo v330?

Regardless the audio, there is, in my opiniion, better stuff from Joe Pieczynski. I am pretty sure this has been linked from HM before, but I include it here again. For me, with almost no milling experience at the time, it was what I started out with, and I was grateful to learn this before I discovered it the hard way. By all means, if the machine is not a mighty Bridgeport, and you risk a nasty, dangerous snatch crash, then use conventional milling, and reserve the final climb cut for the end, carefully making it happen at a safe depth of cut.

The Best Mill Tip You Will Ever Get --WATCH THIS ENTIRE VIDEO--

Joe Pie is in another league for sure.
To be fair though I'm guessing the original video posted was a student who was probably doing an assignment of some sort in video.

In the original, I liked the paper trick, pick up a little here, and a little there.

I found it painful to watch her pulling the quill handle up while it was clocked toward the column, it made my shoulder hurt.

In the original, I liked the paper trick, pick up a little here, and a little there.
Using a micrometer on a piece of paper is, naturally, a very old trick, because it is so obvious that it would occur to one eventually.
Perhaps it is a bit sad that I have binge-watched enough YT videos to have seen shown it more than once. You can, of course, use a piece of feeler gauge shim, or plastic film. The thickness of cooking foil is also extremely regular. I think the thinnest version is 35 microns.

Joe Pie is in another league for sure.
To be fair though I'm guessing the original video posted was a student who was probably doing an assignment of some sort in video.

That's the same thing I thought. She had to be proud though, that they used her video to post.

Regardless the audio, there is, in my opiniion, better stuff from Joe Pieczynski. I am pretty sure this has been linked from HM before, but I include it here again. For me, with almost no milling experience at the time, it was what I started out with, and I was grateful to learn this before I discovered it the hard way. By all means, if the machine is not a mighty Bridgeport, and you risk a nasty, dangerous snatch crash, then use conventional milling, and reserve the final climb cut for the end, carefully making it happen at a safe depth of cut.

The Best Mill Tip You Will Ever Get --WATCH THIS ENTIRE VIDEO--

I agree, I've watched that video a couple times already and have it book marked. I plan on watching it again when I get my mill.

Between Joe and Quinn I'm thinking my learning curve will be shorter then going at it blind.

Back