Messy work bench....

Ohh. Paperweights to you.

What woodworking stuff? Just outta curiosity. Not that I have money to spend on that, or close enough to buy...

I have a complete woodshop that I would take up there . ( I have 45 acres of woods ) Wood is the big thing up that way . I'm right up the road from the original Adirondack bat factory in Dolgeville NY as well as the original Remington plant in Ilion NY . My goal would be to work at Remington part time and do some wood crafting at home .

I'm actually meeting a HM member up in Oneonta this Friday . He has a camp up off of I88 so we're going to hook up and do what machinist's do best . ( enjoy a couple beers and shoot the crap ) :)

I still have yet to spend any time out there. I've been home after work, so has the wife. We've had dinner together for a solid week, now. Haven't done that now in two years. And we're going on walks in the evening with the boy again, like we used to. Its nice. No time for garage.

Family time first is always the best priority--there will always be time for cleaning shop when they are busy with their projects---Dave

I promised myself I'd clean up... But all I was successful at doing was making things worse. Much... much worse.
IMG_20180330_084504.jpg
15224140319722527863612634481155.jpg

Sweet baby Jesus, I need to take the garbage out... This is what happens when you don't go in the garage for a week and your wife likes to just throw things from the door...
Even tho the recycling bins are RIGHT next do the door, Ill be crawling around on the floor under the steps and cabinets picking up coke bottles and news papers on recycling morning... Thanks, dear...

That place looks PERFECT to me ! :encourage: When it looks like that , everyone stays out .

Ya... But... Then so do I...
And then I have to clean all the garbage the wife throws. I mean, come on! Just replace the garbage bag in the bin, then you don't have to throw it all over the floor! .... Le sigh.

I took a huge step forward this week. I backed myself into a corner intentionally to motivate myself, I rented a 10X10 storage. If it leaves my garage for the storage space, it ain't coming back! The storage will be the staging area for said items to be re-homed. The wife is going to have a waste of time, , err :rolleyes:, I mean yard sale on Saturday. A few items of mine will go out, but if they are there by the end of the day, off to the storage. At the larcenous rate of $135/mo. (welcome to San Diego), I will not be keeping that space any longer than absolutely necessary. However having it there will give peace of mind if I have to meet strangers for Craigslist sales. I moved six storage tubs and some other odds and ends the other day, not as much volume as I thought, but probably 1100lbs of stuff. One of my co-workers loaned me some storage shelves to maximize the vertical space, I just have to put them together and start loading things up. I also gave a bunch of 1930's radio gear and a box of tubes to a local antique radio store, that cleared some space in the Ford van where my battleship resides. With some space cleared and an attitude that would make a Russian pogram look like fun, I'm getting rid of a lot of doo-doo that is wasting space for no legit reason. Cool stuff is cool to have, but if your not using it and likely never will, send it on down the road. I also managed to get primer and paint on the carriage of my Takisawa, so I can get that back together soon and re-hang the apron and install the drive rods. I just have the tailstock left to paint and reassemble, WOO-HOO!

Mark

P.S. I'll take pictures when it looks like you can see progress from what I started with.

Years of antiques, gunsmithing, reloading exotic calibers and trading in that kind of stuff has me up to my eyeballs in parts, brass and accessories that were purchased for a "rainy day". I'm moving away from most of that stuff to simplify my life. Since 95% of it can be sourced now, with a quick search on the interwebs or I can make it, there's not much justification to keeping "inventory". I'd rather turn it back into cash and use that to expand my tooling. I have about 10 RC boats that need to be overhauled, or built up from kit/hull level that are stalled due to a lack of a decent work area.

Oh the horrors of first world problems, LOL! don't bother shedding a tear for me, that's for sure.:grin:

Mark

Back