Messy work bench....

I am fortunate to have a 24x28 dedicated shop. Cars do come in, but only when broken! I have a 12x36 lathe, Millrite mill, small horizontal bandsaw, full size mig welder, oxy/acet torch, 55 galllon wood stove, gun safe, freezer, fridge, 40 inch tool box, 2 bolt bins, and shelving in some creative configurations. Zero wall space below 8 ft high. My primary bench is 22 inches deep x 9 ft long. Many times, in the middle of a big job, I have to stop and 'clear the deck'. If I can't find ONE of the (3) 3/8 ratchets I store in the toolbox, I know it's time. I am no neat freak, but nothing gets under my skin like knowing 'it' is in here, and can't find it.
Mike Campbell's rule of horizontal surfaces-
" In a shop with 2 acres of workbench, there will still come a time when you must push things aside to make room to set your beer down"

I hope that's not the bench the kB board for fixed on. Lol

two more benches cleaned up--the small blue cart is in my small heated shop and the long bigger bench is in my larger shop--making progress---View attachment 263447View attachment 263449View attachment 263451View attachment 263452View attachment 263453-Dave
Dave! Remarkable job! I'm impressed! I thought my garage is a transformation when I tidy up, but yours is awesome. What a great feeling when it's clean.

I still have yet to spend any time out there. I've been home after work, so has the wife. We've had dinner together for a solid week, now. Haven't done that now in two years. And we're going on walks in the evening with the boy again, like we used to. Its nice. No time for garage.

Hmmm..................not sure just where I rank , but here is just one basement . The garage is a different story as well as the other basement with the woodshop. Pretty bad when you can lose a few Bridgeports and lathes behind the tractors and 4 wheelers ! :rolleyes: I'm actually pretty organized though as this stuff is ready to go on Ebay . It will take forever but I'm making a dent in it ! :encourage:

IMG_8702.JPG

IMG_8703.JPG

IMG_8704.JPG

IMG_8705.JPG

IMG_8706.JPG

IMG_8707.JPG

IMG_8708.JPG

IMG_8709.JPG

IMG_8710.JPG

IMG_8711.JPG

Hmmm..................not sure just where I rank , but here is just one basement . The garage is a different story as well as the other basement with the woodshop. Pretty bad when you can lose a few Bridgeports and lathes behind the tractors and 4 wheelers ! :rolleyes: I'm actually pretty organized though as this stuff is ready to go on Ebay . It will take forever but I'm making a dent in it ! :encourage:
Selling those 5c collet chucks?
What spindle are they for? One looks like one of those D ones? With the cam locks?

3 are D1-8s . Jacobs rubber flex collet , 1 22J and 1 2J .
1 is L00 flex chuck and 1 is L0 flex chuck .

Expensive paperweights at this point ! ;)

Sold my equipment 2 years back and kept the tooling . Trying to relocate up into New York in the Adirondacks in the near future . All machine related things will not go , only some woodworking stuff . Heading up this weekend to see some real snow ! :)

Back