McMaster-Carr, +1!

I just add what I need at McMaster-Carr to my shopping cart, and when it gets large enough or I have something in there that I need the next day, I buy it. I like that it keeps my cart for weeks, there are some places that if I haven’t purchased in a few hours, it empties the cart.
This is a huge plus.
When I'm working, I add items 4 or 5 times a day as we design things and place the order when it gets big enough.
When I'm between jobs, I'll build a wish list and order it when things pick back up!

This is a huge plus.
When I'm working, I add items 4 or 5 times a day as we design things and place the order when it gets big enough.
When I'm between jobs, I'll build a wish list and order it when things pick back up!
Yes, whoever designed their website so that it remembers whats in the shopping cards deserves a huge bonus. I think I permanently have an active shopping cart, it seems right after I place an oder, I think of something else I want to get. Makes it nice to add it so that I don’t forget for the next order. I have been on other sites where my shopping cart disappeared, instead of adding the items again, I just move on to a different site.

This is a huge plus.
I do pretty much the same: since my projects are usually not time constrained I build orders for McM, Zoro & Bolt Depot and place them when something in my basket is needed or I reach a shipping cost threshold.

Yes, whoever designed their website so that it remembers whats in the shopping cards deserves a huge bonus. I think I permanently have an active shopping cart, it seems right after I place an oder, I think of something else I want to get. Makes it nice to add it so that I don’t forget for the next order. I have been on other sites where my shopping cart disappeared, instead of adding the items again, I just move on to a different site.
A lot of sites do this, if you sign up for an account. Mc-C is no exception. If you DON'T sign in and just start adding things to a cart, it will be emptied after a time, probably 24 hours. I made that mistake a couple of months ago. I had to use my browser history to find out what I had in my cart, then LOG-IN and start restuffing it.

A lot of sites do this, if you sign up for an account. Mc-C is no exception. If you DON'T sign in and just start adding things to a cart, it will be emptied after a time, probably 24 hours. I made that mistake a couple of months ago. I had to use my browser history to find out what I had in my cart, then LOG-IN and start restuffing it.
That may be the reason, I never payed attention if I was signed in to those accounts. I have noticed other companies will log me out after a period of time, but McMaster keeps me logged in for what seems like forever. I had to log back in yesterday for the first time in what seems like a year.

That may be the reason, I never payed attention if I was signed in to those accounts. I have noticed other companies will log me out after a period of time, but McMaster keeps me logged in for what seems like forever. I had to log back in yesterday for the first time in what seems like a year.
The cart is attached to your username, it will still be there when you log back in with McM!

The oil in the first pail could be poured into another pail or jugs and used for the original purpose. No need to get another new pail.
I recovered about 4 of the 5 gallons.

30+ years ordering from McMaster Carr, My only complaint is they won't send me catalogs anymore...

I love McMaster-Carr! Where I work, they force us to quote Fastenal, because they give us a corporate discount, and quarterly kickback, but since McMaster is commonly cheaper, that's the way we go most of the time. Fastenal's website is a complete disaster; I waste hours looking for stuff. And even with discount, MC beats their price 8/10 times.

30+ years ordering from McMaster Carr, My only complaint is they won't send me catalogs anymore...
I might have one from a couple of years ago, but with the quality of their website I don’t need the catalog anymore. I get catalogs from Grainger every year: since I can’t recycle any paper other than corrugated cardboard, I drop the unopened box off at the branch when I’m in the vicinity. They’ve told me as long as I have an account they have to send me one.

Now the Brownells’ catalog is different: more info than you can easily find on their website.

Back