Material storage

I really love what your goal is. I started by buying a small Atlas lathe that I quickly out grew. After buying many other lathes, small Burke mills and small band saws I am down to what I need for what I love to do. I now have an import 1440 lathe that I am very satisfied with, a Bridgeport 9x42, a Ring fu radial arm drill, Famco 6x12 band saw, Nichols horizontal mill, 20 ton press, Wilton 14"vertical band saw. All my welding is done with Lincoln welders. including an early Lincoln 250/250 dog house, 255 mig, 155 mig, Pro-cut 55. I believe like you, and many others like us, we are self taught with no formal training. and again like you, a hands on guy. Like you son I also am a car/truck person since his age. I hope your shop will include a lift to make working on that truck/car work easier and safer. Thank's for letting me babble on. I am envious of the size of your shop and family/farm life.

I really love what your goal is. I started by buying a small Atlas lathe that I quickly out grew. After buying many other lathes, small Burke mills and small band saws I am down to what I need for what I love to do. I now have an import 1440 lathe that I am very satisfied with, a Bridgeport 9x42, a Ring fu radial arm drill, Famco 6x12 band saw, Nichols horizontal mill, 20 ton press, Wilton 14"vertical band saw. All my welding is done with Lincoln welders. including an early Lincoln 250/250 dog house, 255 mig, 155 mig, Pro-cut 55. I believe like you, and many others like us, we are self taught with no formal training. and again like you, a hands on guy. Like you son I also am a car/truck person since his age. I hope your shop will include a lift to make working on that truck/car work easier and safer. Thank's for letting me babble on. I am envious of the size of your shop and family/farm life.
Hey, no babbling at all! I love the topic and am always happy to hear others' enthusiasm for it, too! Sounds like a really nice complement of equipment you've got. I also use Lincoln welders and have a Power Mig 260 as well as an AC/DC stick machine I bought at auction. From the look of the stinger, it might have been used one or two times. It was practically brand new and the AC/DC versions don't seem to be as common in the various sales marketplaces online so I was happy to find that one. When you have a minute, take a look at my post in the new members forum. I shared some pics of my equipment and you at least get a little glimpse of the shop itself in the pics. I've been really blessed to get this together the way it is - as well as getting our farm and improving as we have.

Back