MagXact MX100L or MX200L LCD

Wrong, they are not the same. The only similarity is the plastic housing itself. The internals are definitely different. Also, check out a couple threads down on my new MX200 I've been having problems with. I would recommend to stay away from PM's Mx200. I don't have any experience with the MX100 though.

Wrong, they are not the same. The only similarity is the plastic housing itself. The internals are definitely different.
Maybe that's why DRO Pros for their EL700/EL750 starts at $1800 and the MX-200L is only $1000... granted DRO PROs is a 3 axis for the lathe while PM's MX-200L is just 2 axis.

Bummer... not sure what I plan to do... not spending $1800 for the DRO pros... but really want the MX-200L even if it's just for a nicer screen... though, if all the issues are across the board, I have some hesitation for sure.

Hi All,
Recently I contacted Dropro, it seems there scales are out of stock until Dec.
Anyway i got mine from PM MX200 3 axis for Mill for a fair price.

Hi All,
Recently I contacted Dropro, it seems there scales are out of stock until Dec.
Anyway i got mine from PM MX200 3 axis for Mill for a fair price.
Good to know. How do you like the MX200 from PM? Any issues with yours as some have reported here?

I'm waffling between the options from PM for my lathe DRO.

I would just buy yourself some scales and go the TouchDro route. Yuri is coming out with Version 3 any day now. Im ditching the MX200. If anyone wants to buy it let me know, I'm keeping the scales though, you can buy them separate.

The touch dro supports up to 4 axis and has a summing feature. I plan to add a 6" scale for my quill and sum that and the knee scale together, very cool feature IMO. My tablet was $79 on Amazon, Yuri's board with housing was $129. I bet you could find three magnetic scales for under $500 and have a much better system than them all.

I would just buy yourself some scales and go the TouchDro route. Yuri is coming out with Version 3 any day now. Im ditching the MX200. If anyone wants to buy it let me know, I'm keeping the scales though, you can buy them separate.

The touch dro supports up to 4 axis and has a summing feature. I plan to add a 6" scale for my quill and sum that and the knee scale together, very cool feature IMO. My tablet was $79 on Amazon, Yuri's board with housing was $129. I bet you could find three magnetic scales for under $500 and have a much better system than them all.

I've downloaded the current version of TouchDRO and will download v3 when it comes out... while I don't have scales to hook it up to it's a great way to see it "live". I noticed a few buggy things in the current version, but very minor, like when returning to a tool offset, it didn't remember the name you previously gave it, so not sure what other things are a little glitchy.

This model, seems like it has so many advantages over a display head that has physical buttons.... A purely touch screen system, more than just real buttons with soft menus you can setup themes and have radically different displays based on preference, 1 touch favorite buttons based and for the type of tool it's mounted on. Now, that's easily said, someone has to program it in. The scales have 1 purpose... report relative movement... the head/software receiving that input does all the rest.

If the scale interface to a PC/Table programming model was simple, I'd give it a try. I just haven't looked into how involved it is. I'm a software engineer so if it could get a setup to implement it in .Net C# programming language, I'd write my own interface. I'm sure with the DIY kits from Yuri I could figure it out given the time... but then I know and realize how much work it takes to write, test, debug and all that involves writing software correctly.... I fully appreciate how much effort it sounds like Yuri has put into TouchDRO that last few years.

Back