Maglight Problems

randyjaco

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have a couple of Maglight flashlights that have the batteries stuck in them. Anybody have any suggestions for getting swollen C size batteries out of them? I hate to throw them out.

Randy

Most of the mag lights I have both the base and the lens area come off. if that is so you should be able to wrap it in something to protect the outside, Clamp it then drive the batteries out he bottom. I have done this to a couple of small ones, Then clean them real well, and use some baking soda etc to kill all the acid and help stop it from corroding the AL any more.

First what brand batteries is stuck in them?

if you know and have the box with other batteries you can look up the date.. if still valid you can send to then for a refund and replacement.

Well i might be tempted to try a cork screw....Or a boring bar if they fit in the chuck.

there is a set screw under/inside the rubber button..pull rubber button off..stick proper size allen down center and unscrew a bit

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that there was a solvent /acid I could add to remove corrosion, etc. I tried using a slide hammer dent puller. I just pulled the end cap off the battery . I then chucked in the Lathe and drilled to 1.25". I am still trying to grip the outer battery case. It's really jamed in. I am afraid it is a lost cause.
I have no idea of the battery brand.

Randy

i always stick paper around the batteries since my first incident

I had batteries leak in a 2 D cell Maglight and got them out only to find the switch corroded as well... Bought one of the new AAA cell LED Maglights, it fits in my pocket and gives as much light as the old clunker.

Thanks for the replies. I was hoping that there was a solvent /acid I could add to remove corrosion, etc. I tried using a slide hammer dent puller. I just pulled the end cap off the battery . I then chucked in the Lathe and drilled to 1.25". I am still trying to grip the outer battery case. It's really jamed in. I am afraid it is a lost cause.
I have no idea of the battery brand.

Randy

Since you have nothing to lose. Baking soda and water might loosen them up.. That is what I have always used to clean car batteries.

Back