Made my first part! Warning: this is not going to be exciting

Kudos! I am in agreement with everyone. All fabrication jobs are exciting.:thumbsup:
Paul

I found I went just a hair under

I found that when I get down to the last .005 or so I never dial in what the mic says. Spring in the metal/tooling can take up several thousandths so I might run just a spring pass, maybe a thousandth or two or maybe even back it off a couple and run it if I'm real close.

Nice job overall. Keep posting.
Dave

Hey Jess:
Good job, and nice photos.
You know the old saying, "necessity is the mother of all invention". I loved the "goat rodeo" comment, that was great, still giggling.
As for parts made wrong, and/or discarded, there is no such thing. "These are parts for machines that have not been invented yet".
Glad your new to you lathe performed for you.
Regards
Jack

What can I say that has not been said .
well done.
brian

Nice job. I wanna hear about the goat rodeo too!

-frank

That is exciting! One of the best things about having a machine like this- to be able to make parts that do something!

Bernie

Yup. Exciting to be sure. You came up against some challenges and found solutions to get the job done. Keep it up.

Hey Jess, we all want to know that secret move. You know some times even the wrong way may be the only way! Nicejob and I second all the other coments about over comming issues.Mark

Back