Machines I just lucked into...

The production volumes and precision required to do it still boggles my mind.
Quebecor printing was running huge Heidleburg (sp?) presses that seemed like they spanned a city block. I don't think they are still around unfortunately.
I remember RR Donnelly for some reason....
I was doing a lot of work for Quebecor when they went broke. my own business was owed quite a bit. I got about $0.20 on the dollar within about 5 years. The big web offset presses like those the Hburg 1000? We're pretty small compared to the 3 m. Wide rotogravure presses but there were a lot more of the web offset machines. Quebecor's purchased company used older Rorogravure presses to do the Canadian Sears Catalogs near the Toronto airport. I spent some time there too.

Update:
Two PEMserter presses and a transformer sold.
Committed buyer on the Kenco 5 ton press.

Lots of inquiries on the 22 ton press but everyone wants dies. So it may hit the scrap yard.
Likewise the G&L grinder. Four queries, one from the other person that wanted to buy everything. But so far no solid interest.
So if it doesn’t move, I’ll pull the chuck and scrap the grinder.

Last edited:
The plot thickens... turns out the seller was to have the machines out of the warehouse by Nov 15.
So I have to have everything gone by Friday. No problem for the Parker Majestic but the press and the grinder are headed for the scrap yard as I have no place to store them and trucking them around costs a fortune.
It's not all bad though. Selling the chuck off the G&L will probably net enough to have the Parker Majestic cost me nothing.

The plot thickens... turns out the seller was to have the machines out of the warehouse by Nov 15.
So I have to have everything gone by Friday. No problem for the Parker Majestic but the press and the grinder are headed for the scrap yard as I have no place to store them and trucking them around costs a fortune.
It's not all bad though. Selling the chuck off the G&L will probably net enough to have the Parker Majestic cost me nothing.
Stop that! Do you know how far I'd have to drive? Someone save them!

I may be close enough but on the wrong side of the border and no place to store it. What kind of a grinder is it?

And then there were two
bee3d865d4a8ce2795af75075074f4cf.jpg

432085152af7af28641e408d998cb6b7.jpg

ee087cd263865064f13a6bcb7dc76252.jpg

6ac55b81ea4cfe68662747451b981dd8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back