Machines I just lucked into...

Wow David!
Congratulations.

It'll cost more to move them then you paid for the lot.

That should save you from boredom for a few days!

Most of your new tools are skill-sets unto themselves, and once you master all your toys, there will be little which you cannot fabricate.

David, I think you've just taken a big step on a machinery journey that will last you a number of years!
One of learning, discovery, joy and occasional frustration.
I hope you thoroughly enjoy the trip.
-brino

So David what exactly are you planning to make with all this stuff you have bought? Originally I thought you wanted to restore an old motorcycle. But there seems to be more besides old motorcycles. Enquirering minds want to know what's in the works.

So David what exactly are you planning to make with all this stuff you have bought? Originally I thought you wanted to restore an old motorcycle. But there seems to be more besides old motorcycles. Enquirering minds want to know what's in the works.
The only thing I'm going to keep is the Parker Majestic surface grinder. The rest will be sold.
My/our long term goal is to find and restore a letter press.

The only thing I'm going to keep is the Parker Majestic surface grinder. The rest will be sold.
My/our long term goal is to find and restore a letter press.

Good plan, you may walk away with a free surface grinder. If I had some space, I would be talking with you about one or more of those items. Would love to have a heat treat oven.

Good plan, you may walk away with a free surface grinder. If I had some space, I would be talking with you about one or more of those items. Would love to have a heat treat oven.
Indeed, if I'm lucky that will be the case. If I'm even more lucky I will have a few dollars left over.

That being the external dimensions, would make for a very good size oven space for heat treating.

Back