Machinerys Handbook

Thank you
I have the 12th edition it was purchase new by my father
I did find the later edition did have the info that was in the older edition

Dave

Depending on condition $30.00 to $50.00. The ones that fetch the big bucks are single digit editions, #1 thru #8.. I do however have to agree that anything above #21 is overpriced on ebay.

"Billy G"

They don't drop much info from edition to edition. Only if it is extremely obsolete. The editions are printed every four years. Edition #30 should come out in 2016 I believe. Now back to your regularly scheduled program. :lmao:

"Billy G"

Speaking as a noobie myself, I think Machinery's Handbook is not what you need. I picked up an older used copy myself (got it cheap), but I have never really used it except to browse through it. It's very interesting to look through, but for a non-professional machinist like me it is overkill.

There is a ton of good free information available (see link below), including books, charts, videos, etc. You can even download an older copy of Machineery's Handbook if you just want to get a look at it. For me (again - a noobie), I have found I mostly use a handful of charts for tap and drill sizes, and other basic stuff - these are worth downloading and printing out for easy reference.

https://sites.google.com/site/lagadoacademy/useful-links#information

Copy paste from another thread:

Not to take away from the usefulness of Machinery's Handbook, as a beginner I think you will find more usable information in:

Advanced Machine Shop by Smith (originally published in 1910) and the precursor to that Textbook of the Elements of Machine Work. Both are understandable and provide plenty of workflow charts to learn sequence of operations from.
Both books are free downloads from http://archive.org . Advanced Machine Shop can also be bought used via AbeBooks.com (originals), the Elements book is available there are a reprint.

Gerrit

Gerrit,

How about posting a direct link to the book down load?

Back