Lube/grease for Criterion boring head?

Will, have you heard of No-Ox-Id electrically conductive grease? This is the greatest stuff for use around electrical connections when corrosion resistance is needed. I use it on all my connectors - battery terminals, crimp or open barrel connectors, etc. Good stuff.

Not specifically No-Ox-Id but I am familiar with NOALOX grease sold by Ideal. Judging by the similar names I suspect that they are similar. Perhaps NOALOX is a generic "copy" and/or cheaper alternative for No-OX-ID?. NOALOX is used in electrical, as an anti oxidant & to promote electrical conductivity. It can be found in any big box hardware store.

I never used NOALOX myself but I know of it cause I used to build custom flashlights. It's what led me to machining. Lots of guys were using NOALOX for the flashlight threads. I never used it cause I have a good supply of Nyogel 759G & 779ZC from a group buy. The 759G is designed for lubrication & protection of electrical contacts, not so much claimed for promotion of electrical conductivity.

Yup, Criterion was sold to Allied in 2003.

Not my intension to rebut but I read some blog page that stated they were purchased in 2013. Established in 1935 in Bevery Hills & moved to Costa Mesa in 1953. :)

No idea when they started making boring heads though. I had no idea they were around that long. My first Criterion was one of their square head models, even that one said Costa Mesa on it.

Not my intension to rebut but I read some blog page that stated they were purchased in 2013. Established in 1935 in Bevery Hills & moved to Costa Mesa in 1953. :)

No idea when they started making boring heads though. I had no idea they were around that long. My first Criterion was one of their square head models, even that one said Costa Mesa on it.

I thought it was 2003 but may be wrong. The point is that Allied took over Criterion. Allied still makes the same heads but I think they focus on the CB line now; same heads but broader base for better rigidity in CNC applications.

I thought it was 2003 but may be wrong. The point is that Allied took over Criterion. Allied still makes the same heads but I think they focus on the CB line now; same heads but broader base for better rigidity in CNC applications.
Yes, that is a CB I have in the photo above.

By the way, Allied also has acquired Wohlhaupter as well.

So I found some Criterion instructions that I have with a DBL head I have and it says to grease it all.

The DBL I have is new old stock. Never been used and the grease is dried cake as mentioned by Mikey. Therefore the Superlube is a good option from that perspective. I am going to clean the old stuff out by putting it an ultrasonic cleaner and then greasing it up.

Here is the instruction sheet.

Inkedcriterion instructions_LI.jpg

Back