Lower Price Dro's From Ebay

You might not get a response on the weekend, but during the week when I emailed I received a response within the hour ever time.

The AliExpress is only the broker, basically an Asian copy of eBay they offer no direct product support but they do have buyer protection that guarantees your money back if you never receive or the item is damaged. They also offer full refund if the item isn't as described or lower quality, or a partial refund plus you get to keep the item.

I haven't received the DRO yet, I only ordered it 2 days ago. So far the process has been smooth. The store has a very favorable feedback rating of 99.4% and almost 700 sales, so I figured it was a safe bet. I will start a thread on the purchase, installation and evaluation once I receive the DRO.

I ordered a braking resistor from AliExpress for 30% of the cost of one from Automation direct. The picture from Ali and Automation are exactly the same. With 3 machine projects going I can definitely find a use for the $50 I saved ordering from them.

I've been looking at this one for my lathe. It is one of the few on ebay that has a lathe specific display and they are $400 shipped which is a pretty good price. The scales are .0002" for that price but I think you can upgrade to a .0001" scale for extra money.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221078186670?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I bought a 3 axis setup for my first lathe from ZS Systems and liked it a lot but they now sell a different looking display that the one I had. My current mill came with a Meister 3-axis which actually has a pretty good manual but I don't think they are still in business.

I did get an email back within a couple of hours on my question if dro for quill answer below.

Quill head scale is hard to install due to limited space and lack of mounting bracket, so I suggest forget about quill scale. There is no universal bracket fit on every machine, so nothing I can tell you, few people installed, how they did, I don't know because they don't tell me, I never install myself. I have bracket on other axis, but not on quill. Cut piece of wood bar, and suppose that's glass scale, play with it, see you can come up with any idea to hold down on the quill. Thank.
Tom

"AliExpress is only the broker, basically an Asian copy of eBay they offer no direct product support but they do have buyer protection that guarantees your money back if you never receive or the item is damaged. They also offer full refund if the item isn't as described or lower quality, or a partial refund plus you get to keep the item"
G'Day Fellas.
A couple of years ago I purchased a .01mm resolution Dial Caliper from an Aliexpress seller, I received a .02 mm unit, raised a dispute with Aliexpress and got a complete refund and got to keep the incorrectly sent unit. With all online sellers I can't over emphasize the the need to check the sellers feedback profile before ordering anything.
Regards,
Martin

Back