Low cost slim glass scale

Don't know if you do Aliexpress, nor if this is the best vendor, but here's a listing for a slim 1um linear encoder. Price includes free shipping.

I ordered my encoders from Aliexpress, did ok. Actually the seller was Ditron for one of the scales. In an Ali email, they suggested contacting them directly for a better price. (That didn't feel ethical, but oh well.) I didn't go direct, for that purchase, but here's the email contact, should anyone want to try. info@dcoee.com. Their website is pretty poor, no pricing info, hard to tell the differences between items. But might be worth a try contacting them direct.

Don't know if you do Aliexpress, nor if this is the best vendor, but here's a listing for a slim 1um linear encoder. Price includes free shipping.
https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256...Lhh8cXjD&utparam-url=scene:search|query_from:

glad it is working out for you, but even at the original $155 price it is not what i would classify as cheap, but that is all relative.

So as nearly as I can detemine, the KA500 above is 18x20mm, while the KA200 is 16x16mm, both at 1um resolution. I like/need the smaller size, so price is a secondary issue here, as you say it's all relative.

I continue to hope this all works out. I have a Ditron D80 DRO, which I like, so if I have to adapt for pinouts, so be it.

So as nearly as I can detemine, the KA500 above is 18x20mm, while the KA200 is 16x16mm, both at 1um resolution. I like/need the smaller size, so price is a secondary issue here, as you say it's all relative.

I continue to hope this all works out. I have a Ditron D80 DRO, which I like, so if I have to adapt for pinouts, so be it.
Wasn't aware of the smaller size requirement. Didn't know they even existed! The smaller size would have made my life easier, but, at this point, I've already finished my install. Will keep it in mind for future use.

Wasn't aware of the smaller size requirement. Didn't know they even existed! The smaller size would have made my life easier, but, at this point, I've already finished my install. Will keep it in mind for future use.
yes the KA 200s are smaller and i had looked at them but at 3X the price i think i will try to work it out with these. not the smallest form factor but a nice price point.

Back