Looking for a tiny hairpin clip..

As mentioned by cathead above, old printers and the like have those, and other useful parts. If I were home I could send you a few. Also looks much like those found in carb kits. Mike

As mentioned by cathead above, old printers and the like have those, and other useful parts. If I were home I could send you a few. Also looks much like those found in carb kits. Mike
I believe the carburetor clips are too thick.

If you find a clip just a little too thick, it can be made thinner using a flat diamond hone. 400 grit works pretty well.

If you find a clip just a little too thick, it can be made thinner using a flat diamond hone. 400 grit works pretty well.
Yeah, I think that is what I am going to end up doing. Thanks again for all the replies, I really appreciate it.

Here you go.....I got two answers...

first: They are called hair pin clips or hitch pin. You can buy them at lowes or HD. This was one answer I got.

second: This is what I remembered, I have asked which Corvette vendor had this ad.....this could very well be the one that might fit as the shaft has a groove cut in it.

We used to call those Jesus clips. They come in carburetor rebuild kits. Lisle still makes a tool to remove/install them. If you know of any older mechanics they may have a handful of them. They are small, most likely just the size you need.

Roy

Back