Looking for a tiny hairpin clip..

if eclips have too much slop put two of them on---i have tiny hairpin clips but need to know exact size you need---Dave

another way to solve your problem is to drill a tiny hole crosswise in the slot and use a tiny cotter pin---you can use thin shim washers to take up any side slack---Dave

Thanks for all the replies. It seems that the big problem is the thinness of the clip. This clip is like piano wire perhaps ever a bit thinner.

It is a fishing real. A full service tackle shop will have it.

Seems to me when I was taking apart and reassembling my door mechanisms in my 60 Corvette there were some like that. I circled below what I think it is....you can call them and ask what it looks like and it’s size....

I save small parts from disassembled computers, radios, microwave ovens, small engines, etc and save the useful
stuff in bins. That way one can usually find what you need without much trouble. Old computer printers have a lot of
good small parts too as well as some handy shafting material. 288824
These bins are handy for electronic parts too such as resistors, capacitors, transistors, diodes, and small nuts and bolts.
I used one of those clips recently to make repairs on a phase lock loop control knob. It works for me.

I have taken a small washer and removed a bit if it and pinched it together if I can't find the exact piece.

Saving this stuff saves me a lot of trips to town for stuff I would otherwise discard.

Last edited:
Try making it from guitar strings, one pack will give a variety of wire sizes
Ernie Ball is one brand

I took your photo and posted it on the Corvette Forum where I am active and asked there.....will let you know

Hi Joe,

I'd like to help, but I need a little more to go on then that description and picture.
Can you supply dimensions, including the shaft diameter and wire diameter?
If I have one in the spring clip drawer I'd send it along free.

Also, I recently picked up a couple rolls of music wire (0.016" and 0.020") to try my hand at cold-form spring making for a very particular application.
If you need a few inches of those just PM me an address.

-brino

Back