Looking for a stiff bristle Scrub brush

woodchucker

Registered
Registered
Just finished working on the tractor, my hands are not coming clean.
I bought 2 new scrub brushes a month or 2 ago at walmart.. they are too soft...
I've been looking for stiffer bristles, but everything seems to be way too soft.
Anyone recently purchased a stiff bristle one? Link or Nationwide chain so I can find it..

Thanks.

Actually, a kitchen brush is what he had in mind for your hands. I use a "potato" brush, which is essentially what a kitchen brush is. Works good, lasts a long time. . .

Actually, a kitchen brush is what he had in mind for your hands. I use a "potato" brush, which is essentially what a kitchen brush is. Works good, lasts a long time. . .

DOH!!! how embarrassing. sorry @Nogoingback .. I thought you were asking if it were for the kitchen.

I don't know, we don't use a kitchen brush here, scotch brite... and for fruit just water.. I'll have to shop in the kitchen area..

Snap On Nitro gold....

Most "normal" people use a "surgeon's nail brush" to wash their hands. They work fine for folks that need to clean their fingernails. But not so good for people that work with their hands. A good potato brush and good soap will remove most of the dirt. There's still some, but it's deep dirt and only wears off. Folks that don't work for a living have no idea what dirty actually is.

yea I tried nail brush when I could not get a new scrub brush.. useless. we were having problems even getting brushes around here.
nothing on the shelves.. when I saw them I scoffed them up...
but nothing like my old one, very soft..

What are you using for soap? The detergent is supposed to do the hard work.

I use Palmolive dish washing liquid usually.

If not clean enough on first pass, rub in some Mineral Oil (Baby Oil) and wash again in an hour.

Start with some Mineral Oil before you get into the grim. Dry skin soaks up the grease.

Back