Closed Looking for a 4" or 6" Bridgeport riser

Winegrower

H-M Supporter - Diamond Member
H-M Lifetime Diamond Member
I'm going to the KWIK-SWITCH tooling concept, where an R8 socket stays in the spindle and then various tool holders can be quickly swapped in/out. What I'm finding is that at times the Z height available is just pretty close to not enough. Another 4 or 6 inches would take care of this.

Would appreciate contacting me via private message with any opportunities.

Thanks,

Curt
Nevada City, CA

One on ebay in Lake Elsinore Ca $ 4" $ 275 or offer plus $100 to ship
I have a very nice Kennemetal QC but it eats up Z axis without a riser

One on ebay in Lake Elsinore Ca $ 4" $ 275 or offer plus $100 to ship
Thank you, Seasicksteve, I made an offer on this one.
Why not look for a piece of cast iron and make your own, to your specs.
Wish I could. I am not man enough to lift such a chunk let alone work it in my 14” lathe.

It fell through…expired without response. Didn’t seem that far off the mark. Oh well, still looking.

What amount did you offer?

It DOES seem like ~500 shipped is a pretty common price for these, MSC seems to list a couple of imports (though backordered) at that price.

Making it yourself would require a pretty massive block though, it looks like it is a touch over 12.5" OD, so something that big would have to be found locally I think.

i think locating a riser within driving distance is going to be the best solution. Thanks for all your comments.

I'll make a call to someone who may have one available , I thought I spotted one last time down his place .

Back