Looking at a RC-210E 110V chinese lathe -- Any help would be appreciated.

not the same lathe but a close cousin, these are better thought of as a learning opportunity.
here is a thread about my experience,
remember they (seller) will do anything not to have to take it back so you have 30 days (time starts when they ship it), open it up when it hits your door and inspect everything, watch a lot of videos to know what to look for, mine was much better than what i was expecting after watching the videos YMMV.
all in all i'm enjoying mine.
spare parts and things like chucks are all on you and you will get to know your lathe really well before it is time to move on.
it will not be in the same class as a PM or even a grizzly, the 1.5" bore and 1.5 hp motor is nice. and you will not get the features from PM or Grizzly for 3x the price.
the MX-600A is nice because it ships with a center and steady rest, the front mounted forward/reverse feed selector as well as the h/m/l feed selector are nice.
i wish it had power cross feed but that comes at a min of 3500 and i may just add a stepper cross feed drive.
i would recommend the longer versions, mine is 24" center to center and that is nice after working on a 7x10.
the els is nice but you will not be doing that much single point threading and that can be retrofitted later to a larger lathe, at least that was my decision.
read my thread and ask questions i will give you my honest opinion, i have no dog in the fight about cheap Asian lathes vs expensive Asian vs ventage heavy lathes i like them all and think they all have a place.
the 210 8.3" swing lathes have much better following for parts than mine and that whole els system can be bought on ebay for around 200, same for the motor and drive board, i would shy away from the direct drive versions, the models with the 2 speed pully system are great for additional TQ and easy to retrofit a motor into.

Last edited:
That is interesting about the supposed 1 1/2 bore. 750w = 1hp BTW.

I see no details about how to thread with it like how do you set the threads per inch? I see some kind of chart but no closeup and no details. Also there is no thread dial. It looks like the tool holder is on some kind of plinth with no ability to adjust to an angle. And at 134lbs that’s about half the weight of my 9x20.
these have a 1.5" bore and mine has a ton of power (1100 Watts).
it is an electronic lead screw gear box and does not need a thread chasing dial.
yes these are light and come with rigidity issues but then again even 300lbs is light by lathe standards.

Thanks to all of you. Looks like I need to absorb all that has been shared and make a decision. I’ll get back on and share the final decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back