Looking at a RC-210E 110V chinese lathe -- Any help would be appreciated.

johnsmonk

Registered
Registered
Does anyone have any experiences to share concerning made by the following manufacturers and bought from their respective companies?

TECHTONGDA - sold by Topseller Inc.

EQCOTWEA - sold by Ecoss Inc

HayWHNKN - sold by EZ Global Inc

I am thinking of buying an 8"x 16" Electronic Brushless Motor Variable-Speed Bench Metal Lathe RC-210E 110V 1100W from one of these companies/sellers through Amazon and purchasing a 4 year warranty to cover myself.

Any heads up or thumbs down would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

John

I bought a Deckel clone D-bit grinder from EZ Global on eBay. Between the language barrier and the time difference (China) it was not a recommended experience. The info on the website was often wrong or contradictory and I made contact first and asked questions and while friendly they had no idea what they were talking about. So I got the wrong machine. They made it right but it took months. I still have the machine and am glad I have it but for about $3-400 more I could have gotten a better version with an actual company(Shars) with support. I’ve tried contacting EZ Global for parts and they are of no help. Once you’re beyond “warranty” you don’t exist. Period. Amazon is like eBay, they are just brokers.

I bought a Deckel clone D-bit grinder from EZ Global on eBay. Between the language barrier and the time difference (China) it was not a recommended experience. The info on the website was often wrong or contradictory and I made contact first and asked questions and while friendly they had no idea what they were talking about. So I got the wrong machine. They made it right but it took months. I still have the machine and am glad I have it but for about $3-400 more I could have gotten a better version with an actual company(Shars) with support. I’ve tried contacting EZ Global for parts and they are of no help. Once you’re beyond “warranty” you don’t exist. Period. Amazon is like eBay, they are just brokers.
Thanks

A lot of these "brand names" are just nonsense words, probably from a random letter generator.
The "Vevor" type machines are often a basket of problems both mechanically and electrically
Minor mechanical issues can be fixed but anything major or electrical I would send it back
Check any machine you buy very carefully and try to find all the issues in the first 30 days.
Your credit card company is your friend here- contact them if necessary if you run into trouble with the vendor

Buy an Atlas and fix it up is my advice. Worked for me; I have two
Lots of support and parts available

Last edited:
You're in the States. Considered Precision Matthews?

Thanks. I have but I am intrigued by the 1 1/2 inch boar and 1 1/2 hp motor.

That is interesting about the supposed 1 1/2 bore. 750w = 1hp BTW.

I see no details about how to thread with it like how do you set the threads per inch? I see some kind of chart but no closeup and no details. Also there is no thread dial. It looks like the tool holder is on some kind of plinth with no ability to adjust to an angle. And at 134lbs that’s about half the weight of my 9x20.

It is an ELS. I have seen these as kits as an add on to the geared version. Still if you have a problem or something doesn't work down the line then unlikely you will get any support. They can say about anything and get away with it. They also typically have some form of bolt on chuck that is non-standard, so good luck if you want anything else then what it comes with.
1706318790532.png

That is interesting about the supposed 1 1/2 bore. 750w = 1hp BTW.

I see no details about how to thread with it like how do you set the threads per inch? I see some kind of chart but no closeup and no details. Also there is no thread dial. It looks like the tool holder is on some kind of plinth with no ability to adjust to an angle. And at 134lbs that’s about half the weight of my 9x20.
Thanks

Back