Long term Project

Wow, I missed this earlier.

That's fantastic work!
Have you made any more progress on it over the last couple of months?

Thanks Nick, 4R8.

Sorry to say not much in the way of progress lately.

Been working on the expansion links, but life has gotten in the way. Hope to get something up soon.

Ron

It has been awhile since I've updated this, so here goes.

I haven't been doing much but here is what I have. Health issues (mine and daughters)and life has gotten in the way.

Made the expansion links and have started to make the radius rods.

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

Will post more as it's done.

Ron

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02952.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

DSC02953.jpg

Well I've completed the radius rods and temporarily mounted them.

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

Now to start on the Combination Levers.

Ron

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02956.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02957.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

DSC02958.jpg

Ron,
That is some sweet work there guy. I especially like the way you did the milling on those links. Most folks would have left them as-is. Shows a bunch of patience and attention to detail. Please keep the pics coming on this project.
Bob

That really looks nice ! Definitely long term project. What scale is it. Are your wheels pressed together ? That's a clever way of doing it. Are you going to do the boiler yourself? This will be interesting to follow. Thanx for the peek
dickr

Thanks for looking in dickr.

The steel tires are shrink fitted to the wheels and the wheels are permanently locktited to the axles.

It is an English design at what they call 5 in guage and it is a freelance design, (not a model of any particular loco), by Martin Evans, who was editor of Model Engineer magazine in England in the 60s and maybe into the 70s.

I have grand designs of making the boiler myself but you know what they say about "the best laid plans of mice and men". LOL

Ron

Back