Logan 2535 Vlh New To Me.

Got the adapter out, no issue. Cleaned up the machine, changed the headstock oil. Hooked up power and she runs perfect. Still looking for some accessories, faceplate, steady rest, correct tailstock. No plans to paint it, just clean and refurb some things and use it.

IMG_1895.jpg IMG_1896.jpg IMG_1897.jpg

Made some chips yesterday, making a pulley bushing to get the Sebastian lathe going. She works good, does have a little noise from the feed reversing gears, luckily it came with an extra set.

Sounds like you are making progress. I regret that I can't help with the tailstock search. Other than to suggest that if you haven't already, you post the request in Wanted (all the way down at the bottom of the Forums list).

Thanks Robert, I have done that. It works as is but I would like to have the correct one.

The lever-operated tailstock is not incorrect. It was, I think, more commonly found on some versions of turret lathes. What you mean is that you would rather have the standard tailstock.

Robert, if you look at the pictures it does have a standard tailstock at this time but it is from a 10" lathe with a spacer to bring it to proper height. It is just too small. I did not get the turret this lathe came with, would be nice to have.
Glen

Yeah, that compound looks kinda wimpy, I thought the 12" Logans had compound dials that you could actually read.

I've had several Logan lathes and they often come 'mix and match' between models. But usually with another lathe of the same size. Rare to see accessories and parts from a 10"on a 12". But, maybe people tried to make do with what they had or could find.

Logan has some old catalogs on their website, and vintage machinery may have some too. Heck, may be some here in the if you look in the downloads section. Take a look and compare to your machine.

Glen,

OK. I recall you mentioning that now, but somehow got your machine confused with a Logan for which the new owner is also looking for a standard tailstock..

Yeah, that compound looks kinda wimpy, I thought the 12" Logans had compound dials that you could actually read.

The compound from what I can tell is correct, it was offered as an add on to turret lathes. Not as nice as the compounds that come with a standard lathe with tailstock, especially the dial as you mentioned. It came with 2 of these so I have a spare.

Back