Lms Chuck Adapter Plate, 7x10 Hf Lathe

It would be a good time to upgrade to angular contact bearings or tapered roller bearings also, available from LMS
Is there an advantage of one over the other?

Ouch. This is sad.
Yeah, but I'm only into it for $200 plus a new chuck I would have bought anyway. I'm a little bummed that I won't be getting started this weekend, but this will give me the time to clean and make all of the necessary adjustments.

Last edited:
The bearing upgrade will eliminate some chatter as they can be adjusted.

Is there an advantage of one over the other?

Yeah, but I'm only into it for $200 plus a new chuck I would have bought anyway. I'm a little bummed that I won't be getting started this weekend, but this will give me the time to clean and make all of the necessary adjustments.

The angular contact bearings are a direct replacement for the oem deep groove bearings. No modifications needed. They are what I have in my 7x10. The tapered roller bearings require some rework of the spindle. They must slide on the spindle in order to be adjusted. They also require cutting down the spacer to get the drive gear lined up as the tapered roller bearings are about .010 wider than the oem. But they are the strongest option of the two. Either upgrade will help when parting on the little lathe.

Great time to add the metal transmission gear kit too.:
http://www.littlemachineshop.com/products/product_view.php?ProductID=3448&category=1070498684

Attachments

• Mini-Lathe-Angular-Contact-Bearing-Change-Guide.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • C3-Mini-Lathe-Dismantling-and-Reassembly-Guide tapered roller bearing upgrade.pdf
    5.8 MB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Back