List of Ethanol-free gas stations in USA & Canada

I put premium in the tractor... No ethanol in the prem at the Citgo they tell me. I was getting it at the Pilot truck stop and the tractor was running horribly, no power. I was totally surprised when I put in Citgo.. A) because I had rebuilt the tractor engine and thought I screwed it up... B) the engine sounds so smooth, and I didn't screw up the rebuild...

Both were premium gas.. but big diff. Don't know if it was the ethanol, but I no longer use Pilot , even for the cars.

I've bought nothing but premium for years to avoid ethanol. I don't know if that is an option in Canada. My cars sit a lot and avoiding ethanol solves problems in my world. The upcharge is a profit center fro everyone but the buyer but my choice. Dave

Ethanol took the place of MTBE . MTBE leaked into both of my houses wells which caused and cost me years of anguish . Take them both out of the gas and be done with it .

I only ever used ethanol free in my boat I/O engine as ethanol has an affinity for water.
I'm too cheap to pay for premium gas especially Shell .

You do know why they don't allow Ethanol use in airplane fuel ? The gov doesn't want planes falling out of the sky . :rolleyes: It's fine for the Harry homeowners pouring it into chainsaws , atvs , utvs , snowmobiles , weedwhackers , lawn tractors etc . having to repair and replace all of these luxuries yearly .

Not that I'm complaining , it keeps my hobby $$$$ going . :grin:

Not sure if ethanol was the root cause, but my wife drove a Dodge (Ram) pickup. Recently, while out doing wifely stuff, she had an engine fire that literally melted the entire truck. 10 years old with only 45K miles. . . Seems the plastic fuel lines failed and appears to be a common problem with Dodges in this area. According to the insurance we carry, there have been numerous claims from a fire on Dodges. Other manufacturers use plastic fuel lines as well, just the Dodges have a notable propensity to fail. The problem started around the time that ethanol was put into gasoline. Our replacement vehicle is also a Dodge, but she is more careful what kind of gasoline goes in it. We get gasoline for auxilliary engines way out in the country. It never snows here so that isn't a problem. But with lawn mowers and generators, I have to use a protocol of shutting off the fuel and letting the engine starve to shut it down.

I had so much trouble with ethanol gumming the carburetor on my riding mower (Kohler engine) that I rigged up a propane system on it. Three years now and I haven't had to touch the carburetor yet. I just made a small frame and hang the propane tank on the back of the mower.

I had so much trouble with ethanol gumming the carburetor on my riding mower (Kohler engine) that I rigged up a propane system on it. Three years now and I haven't had to touch the carburetor yet. I just made a small frame and hang the propane tank on the back of the mower.

Back