Liquidating old machine shop

Thanks for at least trying there Aaron.

Great job for trying but I'm sure someone involved thinks it's all gold and piceing it out would take 2 life times.
Thanks scruffy ron

Any one hunting fora cheap steady rest for a monarch is dreaming. I offered 1000.00 dollars for one for one for my American pacemaker and was laughed at. Find one the right size and adapt it.
Thanks scruffy ron

Any one hunting fora cheap steady rest for a monarch is dreaming. I offered 1000.00 dollars for one for one for my American pacemaker and was laughed at. Find one the right size and adapt it.
Thanks scruffy ron

You didn't offer the right person haha. If you offered me $1000 for mine I'd be making another one to fit my pacemaker right now.

At the time I was willing to pay that. Ended up paying a hundred and a few hours of work.works just fine . Just had to get it's gotta be original out of my system.
Thanks scruffy ron

SORRY to say that I resigned from this job. Could not see eye to eye with owner on several things and figured I was wasting my time.

Aaron,
That was a HUGE task you undertook.

At least you now have more time for your own projects.

Thanks for thinking of your fellow Hobby Machinists.
-brino

AGCB97, i've seen this happen many times, and i've been asked to step in many times, but i've explained only way to make it work is for one person to buy everything at once and sell it on his behave, if he makes money, good for him if he loses money too bad, owners expect prices much higher then real and buyers always want a good deal, if this was the case you've done the right thing.

Last edited:
It is to bad they did not appreciate the help that they got. But it was nice of you to at least try to make it work even if the other did not. Like someone said at least now you have a little more time for your projects.

Back