LIGHTING YOUR LATHE WORK

That's awesome, there are people who know exactly what to do, and what is happening by the feel, and hearing what the machine is saying to them. I'm much older now, and on my second life style, I have not learned all of that, I have to see well just to stay out of trouble. :encourage:

I picked up a couple of these light fixtures on CL cheap, added a 100 W LED and bolted it to a big chunk of steel. Easy to move around and doesn’t tip over. 2EF3031F-7DCE-49A9-AD0A-779D89CCB5F2.jpeg

Reactions: tjb
I've got 4' LED shop lights over my lathes (and mills). Bought the 5000 lumen ones from Walmart for around $22 each. They do a great job. Also have a mag base gooseneck lamp with a 100W LED bulb in it on my Clausing. My Grizzly G0709 has a built-in gooseneck with a halogen light.

Bruce

I have about 8 4ft dual florescent lights and 2 8ft dual lights. But had plans on updating a few at a time. Not going to happen now i think . Will need to sell everything the bodies not responding to good . Weight loss nows to much 200 lbs in 10 yrs but last is lot of muscle lost. Anybody need anything

Holy cr@p,what a setup Randy. Now I am jealous.

No need to be jealous. Just roll up your sleeves and get to it. I know you can do it.

Also, I since have added a spindle light. LED of course. The brackets clamp on to the ram dove tail and provides enough clearance for the skirt removal. I highly recommend it. I love it.

DSC03303.JPGDSC03304.JPGDSC03306.JPG

Do you not have shadow problems seeing that the light is shining towards you?

I have not found shadows to be a problem. However, on occasion, if I bend down to far for a closer look at my work I find staring at the bright light is a bit much. Flustered

I have not found shadows to be a problem. However, on occasion, if I bend down to far for a closer look at my work I find staring at the bright light is a bit much. Flustered
DON'T GO INTO THE LIGHT RANDY!!!!!!:laughing:

No need to be jealous. Just roll up your sleeves and get to it. I know you can do it.

Also, I since have added a spindle light. LED of course. The brackets clamp on to the ram dove tail and provides enough clearance for the skirt removal. I highly recommend it. I love it.

View attachment 324575View attachment 324576View attachment 324577
I have a couple of questions. Is that a 1foot length or can you give me the units description if you don't mind.

Back