Light Machine Corporation

Well, we are the Friendly Machinist Forum! :cheerful:

Absolutely. Will the spindle port on my box require any special consideration?

Good question, it depends on the relay that is in the box. You have to be able to turn it on with the 5VDC signal from the interface card. I'm going to guess that it might be fine, but you will have to look at the data that should be on the relay itself. It is also possible that the DB-25 connector directly connects to the drives and relay, so it's just a matter of building an adapter cable between the board and the box. This is something you are going to have to figure out. Without the box, or a schematic in front of me, I couldn't even make a good guess.

I'm no wiring guru but I'll grasp it with time. Thanks for your help Jim I enjoy learning.

0814150936.jpg I have this plug that goes to a little board inside the machines that says connect to lmc interface card in pc along with other 25 pin one. If I use a board like those we talked about what will I do with this?

I'm not sure. Any idea what it does?

0814151054.jpg the main power and spindle wires go to it then out to the big 90vdc motor that turns the spindle. The interface cord wires are real small and I'm guessing send control signals to run the big motor. The board has little adjusters that say sig adj, max spd, min spd, torque, and ir comp along with input signal that the little wires hook to.

That 9 pin connector looks like it controls the spindle and was originally was controlled by the computer. It looks like you are going to have manual control on the spindle. The good news is that the little controller board is a Minarik so documentation is available. So FOR/OFF/REV and Speed control can be connected to a switch and a pot.

I don't think so. Looks like everything can be done from a little switch box.

Back