Light Machine Corporation

Cwn82977

Registered
Registered
0809151136.jpg 0809151136a.jpg 0809151134.jpg
Hi everyone I bought these machines from a school auction and don't have any interface cards or computers. My question is what's the most economical way to get them working? Ask any questions that will help I have a lot to learn.

Thanks for the link I'll check it out. Is there a way to use them without the interface card?

I would start with Ebay and see what original parts are available.

If nothing is available, then the next step is to figure out what motors are on it. If standard steppers, then some cheap drives and Mach3 would be the most economical way to go. If it has DC servo motors, then it would probably be cheaper to replace them with steppers. Again Ebay would be your friend here.

I have been watching some stuff on eBay for them and decent prices as well. How do I tell a stepper from a servo?

Is there any information on the motors? A data plate or part number? Many times stepper motors are square and servo motors are round. Not always, but a good start for a quick ID. Then, how many power wires going to the motors. Steppers normally have 4 or 6, where servos might have 2 or 3 depending on type.

Thanks for your patience with me on this here is what the top says looks like 4 wire steppers.0813151317.jpg

If you rotate a stepper by hand you can feel the steps.

Yes I can feel slight bumps when I spin them. I got two of these boxes one for the lathe and one for the mill router doesn't have one.0813151358a.jpg 0813151358.jpg

Looks you have the drivers for the steppers. Now the only questions are: What software is required, and is there a special card that has to go in the computer? It looks like a parallel port connection, but some research is required. Google will be your friend here.

Back