Lifes little deversions ...

Good Lord, what a mess. My sympathies Mike, best of luck to you.

Having had an ex that I kicked out that was a cocaine addict, I can only say tough love. She wiped me out financially and emotionally.
I went to narc anon (for the families of narcotic addicts) and learned there is nothing you can do to help. The best help is tough love. Don't help them continue to be addicts.
And for your own sake and safety, you have to take a step back.
Good luck, and best wishes.

Mike,
Sorry to read such tragedy and with you holding the bag. I can not give you any advice, but wish nothing but positive things for you and yours.
Opiate addition is an epidemic crisis in our country today and is stripping our fellow American's of life, liberties and pursuit of happiness.
God bless you brother.

Having had an ex that I kicked out that was a cocaine addict, I can only say tough love. She wiped me out financially and emotionally.
I went to narc anon (for the families of narcotic addicts) and learned there is nothing you can do to help. The best help is tough love. Don't help them continue to be addicts.
And for your own sake and safety, you have to take a step back.
Good luck, and best wishes.
So true, but everyone has different perspectives of tough love, and my view is it isn't harsh or controlling, it just seems that way to the person who thinks they are being abandoned.

Thanks to all. So many good folks here. Onward and upward, one day at a time. Mike
Wishing you strength and courage. We have little control in these situations and the desire to see a good outcome for everyone can stretch our sanity. The only advice I know that was given to me was, journal. Take the time and space daily to write your thoughts on paper. It's just one way to get them out of our head and it helps bring clarity for today. Peace to you. -Russ

Mike, I can't even imagine what this must be like for you. Losing your dad and brother, and then having to deal with the fallout of their lives cannot be easy. Hang in there, buddy.

Mike I am not sure if your Dad and brother had any special wishes that they would have requested regarding the dispersion of their assets. However I think if they did, then you should consider those carefully.

You have been given some good points here to consider. I would never tell anyone what to do in a situation like this, but rather things to consider and any possible consequences. I think my colleagues here have given you things to consider.

Above all I wish nothing but the best outcome for your situation.

David

Like many have said, one min, one hour, one day at a time, We are all with you, and hoping that things work out. Make sure you are covered when making decisions on what you let others do, if you are the one who is in charge of things. I to have seen things get out of hand with people we try to help costing us way more than we expected. But most of all take care of yourself. You do not one any good if you let yourself get run down etc. you are in our prayers.

Mike,

I'm sorry to hear your sad course of events. You have the right attitude so hang in there and
it will get better my friend. Good luck and best wishes.

Sad situation... I am sorry for the mess you have 'inherited'... :)

The advise about investing some time (and the cost) with an atty... to determine what you can legally do and what rights other folks have... Would IMO be $$$ wisely spent!

Here is a thought: If the shop you are supposed to clean out is on different RE (land) than the house the kids are attempting to live in...
That shop will be your haven to keep your head on straight. If it were me... I would spend a little time there as often as I can... to keep my head straight. Funny how an hour alone piddling with stuff (even cleaning out a file cabinet full of tools)... will give one perspective on a wayward kid.

Wishing you wisdom in dealing with this mess.

Now if you are a God fearing person... some prayer when you have time... might be a good idea... :)

Back