Leveling my lathe

I am guessing it depends on the manufacturer. If the headstock sits on flat ways then it should be adjustable.
Mind if I ask you a question? When I put my level on the cross slide do I need to move the cross slide from one end to the other or just let it sit in one place? If so, where do I set it?
Kind of chasing my tail,lol

Mind if I ask you a question? When I put my level on the cross slide do I need to move the cross slide from one end to the other or just let it sit in one place? If so, where do I set it?
Kind of chasing my tail,lol
You set the level on the ways, not the cross slide or compound.

Set the level parallel to the ways and check by running the carriage back and forth from the headstock to the tailstock, checking both ends. Then turn the level 180 degrees and repeat moving the carriage back and forth.

Set the level parallel to the ways and check by running the carriage back and forth from the headstock to the tailstock, checking both ends. Then turn the level 180 degrees and repeat moving the carriage back and forth.
Ok, thank you

I think that the way my machine is braced up is keeping me from being able to level it

you should be able to get the twist out. My big lathe weighs 5k and I didn’t have a problem with it. Is your base a one piece cast iron base or sheet metal?

Back